Thursday, August 17, 2006

OH WAIT!

I thought of something that is bit more entertaining that happened today. Of course, you must first remember that life jr. high kids is always just one minute away from an unexpected event or comment. Well, today we were talking about "habits of mind"....like persistence, metacognition, managing impulsivity, and the like. Well, in order to intro it I asked "What is a habit?" We discussed. Then I asked, "What are some examples of habits people have?" Well, in this class, like all the others, I got "biting your nails, smoking, picking your nose......exercising every day, brushing your teeth, taking a shower....." Then, one of the girls said, "Peeing in the shower." I just stood there not knowing what to say....unfortunately the other kids did. Thankfully class was only about 10 minutes from over because after that I totally lost control of the class. Plus, I was terrified to ask anymore questions! Anyway, it's probably not nearly as funny reading about it, but it was the funniest thing I've heard so far this year.

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

Oh No my friend, it was way Funny reading it...my poor neighbors!!!!
Wow, there really is nothing like being a 7th grader!!!!!!

Chao for now!

Becky Durham said...

Oh my...:)

Hey--you're almost at 101!