"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" ~Jeremiah 29:11-13
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
IIIIICCCCCKKKKK!
OHMIGOSH! The world's largest cricket just bounded into my living room from out of nowhere! I promise it was at least 3 inches long! (And we know Hennyfair does not exaggerate!) The scary part is that I looked away to find something to squish it with and when I looked back it was gone! Now I can find it! I'm a freakin' out here! There is a mutant cricket somewhere in my apartment just waiting for me to get into bed or into the shower before it makes it's next appearance! Yuck! Yuck Yuck! It's probably watching me right now plotting it's next hop of intimidation. I feel so creeppy and icky! I'm not kidding, it was HUGE! And it just seemed like it appeared out of the air and landed on in the middle of my living room! IIIIICCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so creeped out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Do you remember that night we were just hanging around Hazeart C, minding our own business, and then we got a call to go and rescue Kristina and Karen from the camel cricket?
Why did they call us? If I remember correctly, we weren't much help. At least I wasn't any help because there was no way I was going to even try to catch the bug.
Anyway, be brave, Hennyfair! It's only a bug!
I can say this, of course, because I'm in Henderson--far, far away from the nastyickygross bug.
Of course I remember that! Only it was Kristina and Katie because they were house sitting for Karen. Which maybe they can share why they called. I think it was because you and I were like the only options! I'd like to flatter myself and believe it was also because I was a science person and supposedly had some sense of bugs!
However, as this post shows, I HATE bugs!!! HATE HATE HATE BUGS! My students are well aware of this and I am sure they will enjoy this story tomorrow.
Oh Jenny! I can just imagine how you feel because I am the same way!!!!! Three inches!!! Makes me think of those mumbo jumbo cockroaches in the Valley...too totally disgusting! I hope you find it before it finds you!!! :-)
I must say, this cricket tale,reminds me of a housemate I had in college who was feeding a cricket in our basement kitchen. I had no IDEA she had made a pet out of it, all I knew was that I was tired of hearing it 'sing' and I killed it one day. Boy, did she let me have it!!!
LOLOLOLOL!!! HAHA!!! You people are crackin' me up!!!
We have nasty poo ants in our house! Our landlord got some Terro to exterminate them, and while they are less, they are still popping up in strange places. There are a dozen or so squished ones in the living room right now. The worst part is that they keeping coming in to collect the dead and then while they are collecting they also die because I squish them with my heel.
Unfortunately I have a poor memory, so I can't recall much of "the camel cricket incident" except that it rings a bell in some way. Why did we call it a camel cricket? Because it was so ugly and big or because there actually is something called a camel cricket?
I'm sure Kristina was the one who called, so we should ask her. Where is she, by the way? She has missed out on all our blogging fun for several months!!!
Yes, I miss Kristina's blogging, too.
And yes, a camel cricket is what it really is. I think that Jenny asked her biology prof or something. We didn't actually know it was a camel cricket.
And Katie--sorry I forgot it was you! I just knew that Karen figured in there somehow and thought it was her!
Jenny--are you still out there somewhere or did the bug get you?
I'm still here! I'm still not sure where the cricket is though! Totally freaks me out. Yeah, they are camel crickets, or at least that is the common name because of the big hump on their backs. Yeah, we sprayed it with every kind of chemical we could find in Karen's house then put it in a little Pringles can and I took it to Dr. Koch. Who was rather sad that we hadn't found some rare and unique new insect. I do recall that it was a female because they have wings and the males do not. Peachy is familiar with them! We had them like crazy at Franklin! They pretty much live only in Southern Indiana, which is rather interesting to me. And they like to live in damp areas...like basements and bathtubs! ICK!
Yeah, I remember the little critters. My first reaction was fear cause I hadn't seen one before. Then my curiousity turn to amazement. They are interesting little critters. Man! Can they jump. So sorry you aren't as entertained, Jenny.
My last dose of bug gross was with my Dad. I was near him when this yucky bug started to crawl up my leg. I start to scream and ask my Dad to please kill it. What does he do? Takes the book he is reading and smacks my thigh. Spilling bug juice all over my pants. ICK!
Let's get a petition going to get Kristina back! I have no idea what is going on in her life.
Post a Comment