Saturday, August 26, 2006

FYI

Lucy = "bringer of light" NOT "Lucifer"

So....

If any of you see or talk to Niklas please let him know that!

Also....

Not for the sake of praising myself....

But...

I have now lost 35 lbs!

(Even though I must have eaten 15,000 calories last night and have not exercised in 2 days!)

But....

I'm no where near my goal and no where near quitting or giving up!

So....

Thank you, Lord, for the strength and focus you have given me during this time! My eyes are on the prize! :)

6 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Yes, I doubt Lucy would be such a popular name if it meant "Lucifer."

Also, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

I told Niklas that Lucy means Bringer of Light and he said, "well, that's what Lucifer means too"...and he kind of has a point there...



WOW! 35 pounds is a MAJOR MEGA accomplishment! Way to go!

Hennyfair said...

I knew that would be the counterpoint to "bringer of light", but I had to give it a shot!

I loved that I always thought it was "sunshiney" and now I know that it does have to do with light!

I have also been looking up other names but get fixated on the ones that have bizarre or funny meanings and I'm not sure you'll appreciate them as much as I do.

Hennyfair said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hennyfair said...

Oh, and thanks for the congrats and whatnot. I didn't share so that you'd do so, but those "cheerleading" moments do help a lot. Thanks! God seems to do that A LOT for me. Just when I get to a point of like, "This is pointless. It's gonna take forever and I just can't do and no one notices anyway and what's the point?" He will send someone to say they noticed and want to know how I'm doing it or whatever. Then I get to encourage then and they encourage me! It's been a really cool God experience as much as anything! April 15th of 2007 is my "goal date", so hopefully by then I'll have an ever greater report! Plus, I love getting to buy new clothes without feeling guilty for spending the money! LOL

Yolanda said...

Yahoo, way to go, keep it up, so proud of and For YOU!!!
Blessings