Saturday, August 26, 2006

Little Lady Lorentzon

Here are some names I came across. Could they be for Little Lady Lorentzon??? Some I hope are NOT, some I think could be, some are just ones I like and would seriously name a little girl if she were mine (if only because of meaning). Can you tell which are which?



Avonaco = “lean bear” Beverly = "from the beaver stream"
Audrey = “noble strength”
Brianna = "strong one"
Aideen = “little fire”
Brandi = "warm and comforting"



Campbell = “crooked mouth”
Damaris = "heifer"
Caitlyn = “pure beauty”
Dara = "wise"
Christine = “Christ-bearer” Drea = "courageous"



Ellema = “milking a cow” Fabiene = "bean grower"
Elise/a = “consecrated to God”
Felicity = "happiness"
Elisabeth = “consecrated to God” Filia = "friendship"



To be continued.....

9 comments:

Hennyfair said...

Okay, so apparently my formatting didn't come out like I planned. Oh well! The colors make it readable regardless!

Becky Durham said...

I like "Little Fire!"

I hope that you don't choose "heifer," "bean grower" or "milking cows."

Hennyfair said...

That's one of my favorites, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do wonder often which it will be...Little Lad or Little Lady Lorentzon...though it is kind of hard to imagine a little black boy as a "lad" since I think more of Scottish "lads" leading their goats across a dirt road, but still...

You found some interesting name meanings! Our limitation is of course that the name has to work in both Swedish and English, which narrows the field...

I like the meaning of Audrey but not the name itself, same with Brianna and Brandi and Christine...

I love "little fire" but am wondering how it is pronounced, and doesn't it sound a bit southern? Just wondering...

The name Adiya is Hebrew and means God's treasure, which I really like, but Niklas isn't sure how well it would work in Swedish...

Anonymous said...

Here are some that I found interesting from babynames.com

Ariel/Ariella... Hebrew... "Lion of God"

Arizona... Native American... "Little Spring"

Arissa... American... "Best"

Arva... Latin... "Fertile"

Asis... Hebrew... "New Wine"

Anonymous said...

Or... you could just make up a name and its meaning...

Or... you could ask Jesus to give you a name in tongues and the meaning of it...

He did that when I was asking for a boy's name... the tongue word that I got was Odabire... pronounced O-dah-beer-ay... and the name that I got with it was Michael. I asked Kunle what odabire meant... or even if it was a word in Yoruba... and IT WAS!!! It reminded him of a song that translated to be... "who is like you God". The next week we were discussing it as a possible name for a boy and then I said... let's find out what Michael means... and it is Hebrew for "who is like God"... I said... NO WAY!!! Cool! So you see... God can give you a name and then confirm it in some way. Yeah... just ask God!!!

Hennyfair said...

Well, I'm just playing around with all this. So, yeah. But Sarah that's a wonderful "story"! How encouraged I've been lately at how clearly our Lord speaks to us. It's so stinkin' awesome! And yes, I think it ultimately comes down to God giving you the name anyhow. But it's still fun to see what kind of names are out there!

Hennyfair said...

Oh and most of the girls names that I actually like for real are names of people I know (mostly students) who are just lovely people and ones that I like the meaning of, too. And, then, of course the "Damaris = heifer" just makes me think of Tracy Barnett becuase she was always callin' people heifers! (What a think to be remembered for! LOL)

Tamara said...

Asis... Hebrew... "New Wine"
Oh Sarah I LOVE that one. It makes me want to have a kid just so I can name her that. Maybe I will suggest it to my sister if the next one is a girl.