I spent my first free night sleeping. By that I mean I laid down for a "nap" at 5:30 yesterday evening and woke up at 6:30 this morning. I believe that is the proof that summer vacation was much needed. Or just that I really should go to bed before 1 am (as I do nearly every night). Either way...I now feel refreshed and ready to take on this summer!
I am, by far, in the best mood I've been in in well over a year. I know so much of it has to do with school being out, but I also believe that the alteration of my eating habits has had a significant impact. I feel like "cleaner" and "lighter". It's really awesome!
With that said, I wanted to share of my newest undertakings. They are yet realized, but will be very soon. The first is that I am enrolling in a water exercise class. Yes, I know it sounds rather geriatric, but it's what my doctor recommended and what God orchestrated for me so I'm just gonna do it! That will be twice a week for the duration of the summer. The first session is more of an aerobic workout and the second is a toning class. I've never done anything like this but know that it will help to keep me on track with my healthier lifestyle goals.
The second is that I am going to be in a golf scramble! Perhaps you are thinking, "I didn't know Jenny golfed." Well, if you are then you are thinking right. I've never golfed a day in my life! Never even watched anyone golf! Yet, I am on the Eastern Greene golf scramble team this June 16th. I hope to be getting some pointers on Sunday at the church picinic so that I at least know how to hold the clubs before the day comes. It's going to be me and 3 of the guys from work. I'm a bit scared, but am totally up for the new challenge. I just hope they don't hate me after it's all said and done!
My final undertaking is a 3-day, intensive course on astrobiology at IU at the end of June. As I'm learning, there are many free workshops offered to teachers if you can get yourself into the loop. Through this one I will actualy get a $120 stipend to use for purchasing supplies for my classroom. Pretty good deal, huh? I actually get paid to learn and then implement it into my classroom! This is especially exciting because I am now teaching on the universe and the like but have a natural inclination towards the life sciences. I feel very fortuante. Last year I took my course on my biotechnology and learned SO much about the latest findings and techniques (it's amazing how much has changed even since I graduated college just 6 years ago). That information came in handy during my biology classes this past year. I can't wait to see what I learn this summer!
Oh! I almost forogt...I got my check today to pay towards my truck. I deposited it this morning and am going to call and make the payment on my truck this afternoon. I will be looking at vehicles tomorrow and then going to try to buy one some time at the end of this coming week or at the start of next. Please keep this in your prayers, if you will. I'm so nervous about it, but also think it's God's will. I've done a lot of research and think I know what will be the best buys for me and just have to pray that someone will work with me to get one of them.
Thanks and good day!
6 comments:
I'm excited about all of your plans! I think you are going to have loads of fun! I am also excited that you are getting delivered from your truck! That will be a great relief, right?!
Could you or someone else who was there let me know how last weekend went? (baby shower, visit to WOHG, etc) Thanks!
My word verification is "bnyfuf" which makes me think of "Bunny Fluff", which makes me think of cute morning slippers.
Katie - Yes, my truck delieverance will be a HUGE relief and will likely save me hundreds of dollars a month!
As for the shower....I think it well very well. She received many nice, cute things and we had a nice time of fellowship. (Sarah can verify or refute these claims.)Kristina did a great job w/ decorations and creating a nice ambiance. (The fresh fruit tray was my favorite part!!!) I was responsible for games and they were okay. (I don't like games at showers so it's hard to get into them even as a host.)Just so you know who was in attendance....Joyce and Emily, Rhonda, Kristina's Mother-in-law, Gail, Beth Nicholas, Kristina, Diane, me...um...I don't know if I'm missing someone. (Someone fill that in if I am!)
Many of the WOHG people were out of town so church was not as populated as usual, but Kevin led worship wonderfully all alone and Pastor Diane's message was timely and Spirit-led as usual. We prayed over 2 impregnated Sarahs! That was cool to me, also. Regardless of who was or wasn't there, it was perfect to me because the Holy Spirit was there.
As I've answered everyone else regarding the weekend....It was exhausting but refreshing!
(I hope that was a good enough update on that weekend.)
*sigh*
Sounds wonderful!
I had a great dream this week that I was attending a service where Kevin was leading worship all by himself and God gave him a song to sing over me that was just right! Isn't that cool?! (Please note--I do NOT usually dream about Kevin Barnett!). That is all!
I'm glad you got some sleep!
Oh, and after we got off the phone yesterday I realized that I probably had just mailed you a lot of food things that are not on your approved list. I'm not trying to sabotage--I just didn't know!
Good luck at the golf scramble! I'd be clueless...try to get a good caddy. Oh, and maybe watch "Caddyshack" or a "Dorf" video (or whatever the little golfer's name is). I'm sure that God will bless whatever attempt you make and those guys should just be glad to have the life of the party on their team! With all the fun they'll have, they'll hardly notice if they come in 23rd place!
To me... it was a great weekend! More later!
I am sooo happy that life is looking 'up' for you. SO exciting about your car, your class and the golf scramble. What fun, what fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am glad you are feeling well too...amazing what eating 'good for you food' does for you. keep it up Girl!
Blessings
Post a Comment