Sunday, January 22, 2006

Hey Everyone!

Hey! How is everyone? This is just an update blog. The past week of teaching has been great! I had the most fun teaching about basic principles of genetics and the skeletal system. God has really given me a renewed passion for teaching. This year has been really good!

I was very blessed to be able to spend time with Sarah O. on Thursday. Though I wish work restraints and needs for sleep hadn't shortened our time, we did have a nice time of fellowship and prayer. It was really a God time and I was very blessed by it. I pray she was, too. I hope to be able to spend some more time like that with her soon.

I returned from Evansville last "night" at about 2:3o am. It was a jam-packed visit! I went down to have my hair fixed by Karen L. I've not had much luck with finding a good beautician in these parts that won't cost me like $100 for what I need done. She did a lovely job and my hair is once again more brown than blonde! Praise God! I think it looks much more natural.

I was very blessed by all of the people I got to see....including the Barnetts. It has been quite a while since I had seen them and was thankful for the visit. (By the way, please keep Tracy B. in your prayes as she has injured her back quite severely.)

A group of us went to see "The End of the Spear"Saturday evening. It was a very good movie! It is about the life of Nate Saint and Steve Satin. Nate Saint was a missionary to Ecuador with the better known Jim Elliot. Steve is his son. The movie shares of how and why they were there. Expect to cry! It was such a poweful reminder of our ultimate mission as Christians. See it if you can!

That brings me to today. I have worked long and hard all day to finish up my papers for my master's coursework. I am SO thankful I am finished! This week's lessons were kind of tricky, but I learned a lot and am happy about that.

I will leave you with a prayer request, as I often do. Tomorrow I will be meeting with the pastors of the church I currently attend to discuss some things. I can't say what they are on my very public blog, but I just ask that you keep it in mind as you pray today. I've been having a very hard time with some things for a very long time and I am praying that this will bring some resolution to my angst.

Thanks, as always!
Have a fantastic week all!
God bless you each and everyone!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I thought of Tiny Tim when I read your blog. I just saw you smiling really big during a Christmas dinner and saying "God bless us everyone." But when I heard it instead of wanting to have everyone blessed I just wanted everyone to bless you and the Spirit inside you. So it was emphasized this way. God bless you EVERYONE!! I know that sounds silly, but often in my prayer time I have such a heart for your welfare and your breakthrough into fighting for your promise. I ask God to give you a Joshua and Caleb spirit. That you would take up the Word and fight for the blessings of heaven and earth that you deserve. Command the blessing, God is faithful and loving.