Thursday, January 19, 2006

THANKS KUNLE!!!

Once again I want to thank Kunle for his contribution to my seventh grade classroom! My students were totally elated with the chicken bone demo! As a tribute to Kunle, I will post my favorite questions/comments they made when I told them how I acquired them.

"Can he come to class and eat some for us?"

"Does he ever get them caught in his throat and choke to death on them?"

"Can we make him a giant bone shaped banner and have all of us sign it to thank him?"

"If they need chicken bones to eat so much, maybe we could save all of ours to send to them to feed them. Like, KFC, they have a lot of chicken bones."

"Does he ever eat chicken bones for his students?"

Most of all....."Make sure to tell him thank you for giving us his dinner!"


I admit they were probably funnier if you were there and if you knew the students. The thing that makes them so cute to me is how completely sincere they were about it all. There isn't much cultural diversity in Eastern Greene Co. so it was a really big deal when they learned that other cultures eat chicken bones. Plus, it was a GREAT science lesson. They really thought that the bone marrow was super cool!

THANKS KUNLE!!!!!
You have made a great, positive impact on the lives of these students!!! I really don't think they'll ever forget this lesson!

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

those were tooooo cute
aren't kids the greatest!!??!!!
Have a super day
Yode

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Wow, way to go Kunle! And way to go Jenny having colorful Blog posts!

Anonymous said...

Kunle will surely come and eat bones for Jenny's students if Kunle is the "true Mr. Nigerian". We may have to add iyan (pounded yam) and egusi (Yoruba melon) to fly Kunle to and fro Nigeria in Jenny's class. Jenny's students, expect much fun!!!

Mr. Nigerian will not mind eating millions of bones. That is a great pride!!!!! Cooooooool stuffs. Go for it, Mr. Nigerian.