Hello All! TGIF! Yes, that's right, IT'S FRIDAY!!! A 1/2 day for students here at Eastern Greene and that makes for 1/2 of a heck of a happy day for Miss Hayes, too! I do have meetings in the afternoon, but some days it's nice to have a change of pace, you know? The one drawback is that the kids will be SUPER hyped today. Which is why my solution is BIO-BINGO! Great vocab review but also a way to keep them focused. If you ever have to work with a bunch of middle schoolers and you just want some quiet for a bout 1/2 hour let them play BINGO with candy as a reward. You can literally hear a pin drop in my room when we play! You keep your sanity, they learn their vocab.....It's lovely!
Anyway.....I have una pregunta for you all....
I am wanting to get a digital camera and would like to ask for advice on my purchase. Most of you have one, so I figured you could give me some information on what you have, if you like it, which features are "must haves", features you wish you did have, etc. Any input would be very much appreciated as I am going to go looking this weekend but am really trying to not "impulse" buy as I have been known to do in the past with many things.
That's it for now....time for class!
3 comments:
Hello Jenny! Golly, did you write that post at 6:41 A.M.? Because in that case I am impressed. That is just early!
Huuurrrrayyy for Bio-Bingo! That sounds like loads of fun, and I am not being facetious! I know what you mean about never going wrong with having candy on hand! Although I do work mostly with 4-10 year-olds, but that's beside the point!
As far as the digital camera goes, my parents have one that I think is just GREAT. I know that it is a Canon and has like 5 mega-pixels. I will try to get more detailed info about it soon. I have heard it said that once you get over 5 mega pixels there just isn't enough difference in quality to make it worth the difference in price. But, of course, the price of digital cameras has really been going down recently.
How exciting to do consumer research! That is like one of my favorite pasttimes! And I am not even trying to be jocular!
Have a great weekend!
We are going to a wedding this weekend, which is always relatively interesting, depending on the people you sit with at the reception. I made this REALLY cool video for the bride. It is always fun to show stuff like that! (Hopefully all of the practical logistical stuff will come through!)
KT
Jenny,
With digital cameras, I think it depends on what you want the camera to do. The Megapixels are important--the more the better, but we have a camera with lots of extra features that we never even use.
If you just want to point and click, but don't care about all of the extra editing features, I'd keep it simple! You can get a pretty inexpensive digital camera (around $100) if you wanted to. But it won't be fancy.
Our camera has 3.2 megapixels and it does a good job for what we use it for. It's a Hewlett Packard and it's been working well for about 2 years.
Thanks! I'm going to start looking today, but don't intend to buy for a bit yet. So, those are some good things to keep in mind.
Post a Comment