Saturday, December 10, 2005

Unexplained Links

Just so you know, somehow certian words in my blog are now linked to other sites. I DID NOT create these links! I had some company last night who was just surfing the web and I think they must have went to some sites that enabled some things on my computer. I am getting crazy pop-ups and now these links!

By any chance does anyone know why this might be?

7 comments:

Hennyfair said...

Okay, so that is good...that must mean that it's only on my computer!My computer it all screwed up now. As as soon as I log on all of these pops ups bombard my computer! Crazy! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky Durham said...

Jenny--if you use Internet Explorer, you need to stop immediately! Go to www.mozilla.com and download Mozilla Firefox. I use it and there are NO pop-ups and it's great a blocking spyware. It's like Internet Explorer, but I think it's much more fun (You can set it up with different themes).

Good luck!

Hennyfair said...

Thanks Becky! I did that and the pop-ups have stopped. But, now, does anyone know how to undo the other stuff? Like why all the pages I go to now have certain words linked? And not to such great things!

Becky Durham said...

I'm not sure why it's doing it, but be careful! Do you have Ad-aware on your computer? It will take all of the spyware off of your hard drive. It's made by a company called lavasoft. Go to www.lavasoft.com. Make sure you get it from this website--there are a lot of knock-offs that are actually harmful to your computer.

I'm not sure if removing the spyware will help, but it's a start.

You can email Sean at sean@evansville.net and I'm sure he'd be glad to advise you!

Hennyfair said...

Well, since it is a school computer, I am going to have our IT person check it out. But, bc it's a school computer I feel badly telling her I was letting someone else use it for such purposes as it was used!
Thanks again for you assistance!

Becky Durham said...

good luck!

Tamara said...

Jenny I miss you so much. I keep seeing this guy with black hair and blue eyes in the moives and I think he sure is cute. It reminds me of when you had your dream about him and the cake. You know sometimes the movies seem to fufill or dreams. I wonder how those people got so beautiful. It seems like they must have been born again.