As a teacher, I always love things like snow days. Partly because it means I get to leave school early or just not go at all. Like today, I got to sleep waaaay in! It was so sweet! No alarm clock or snooze button for me today!
The other reason I enjoy them so much is because of my students. Granted, they become almost unmanageable as they see the flakes start to fall. From the first flurries they start asking if we will go home early , and you can imagine that the rest of class is spent glancing sideways out the window rather than paying attention to me. Yet, at the same time, their excitement and that look in their eyes, energizes me. I can remember all too well sitting in my senior English class as a blizzard rolled in and my teacher let us all sit by the window and wait for the announcement that would inevitably send us home. I remember waking up on cold snowy mornings and watching for the ticker along the bottom of the screen for my school closing and then shouting and screaming with delight as we found it, or sighing with unbelief as the time came to board the bus because it had never appeared. What great memories; I always feel so young on days like this!
Ahhh...I really do love snow days.
No comments:
Post a Comment