"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!" These fateful words were spoken to me numerous times in my "past life" in Evansville by some crazy Holy Spirit filled Jesus freaks and, boy oh boy, have they ever proven to be true! I believe that was the start of the Lord trying to break the stubborness in me but also the beginning of my exerting my will like never before (go figure!). Thus it goes with this new fangled craze of "blogging". I have secretly visited the blogs of friends time and again but refused to participate out of direct stubborness of the comment "Jenny, you really need to do this! I think it's something you'd really get into!" Well, who is someone else to think they know me!?! So, my need to be that which others cannot predict refused. But, those prophetic words come back to haunt me once again becuase, indeed, resistance is futile!
So, here I am giving into the Spirit's leading once again. (Why does it take me so long????) One might think that it is silly to state that the Holy Spirit would care about something so simple as a blog, but I could argue that point till my nose bleeds and then some. And I would imagine that most of you reading this probably wouldn't argue too much with that so I'm not going to try prove my point. (At this point, I must also comment that one reason I finally went over to the blog-side is because Chris T. has one now and, well, if he's into it then, by all means, I'm there, too!)
All in all, I just need a place/time to share what the Lord is speaking to me and to have some support. If you know me even a tiny bit you know that my make-up is to share-share-share! I find that I have few avenues for that these days and, thus, I'm going to be a blogger! Praise God! (Of course, I also get bored with things easily so we'll see how this goes.)
So, if you're reading this, which I would assume you are otherwise, well, otherwise you won't know that I just wrote that...oh....but back to my original thought....welcome to Hennyfair's Haven! Hennyfair's Haven?? What on earth could the inspiration for that be? (I'm sure you're all just about to burst with intrique!Or maybe not, but just humor me.) Basically, I love illiteration and a "haven" is defined as a "refuge, asylum" and I think we could all agree that I need an asylum of one type or another. And if not this I may end up in one of another type! So this is going to be my refuge and asylum for the time being and, hopefully, at times you will find it to be such for you, also. And "Hennyfair", well, if you don't know what that's all about ask me sometime, I enjoy sharing that story. (Not that's it's a particularly good story, but I like imitating my little foreign friend from high school.)
So, anyway, that's it for now. I have much work to do. I hope to keep up with this and to hear from all of you, and yes, I will now come out of hiding and comment to all of you, also. Alright, kids, have a nice day/evening/life!
17 comments:
If you should re-visit, dearest Sarah...Why do you inquire about my dinner choice??? I can't imagine why!
Jenny, I had my eyes tear up. I wasn't crying. I was just so full of joy that you joined us in blogging. One reason is because some of my friends from Fort Wayne could really benifit from your thought processes. But, the other reason is I love you and miss you. I want to know a little bit (or a huge bit)about what is going on in your life. Plus just tonight driving home I was planning on e-mailing you about something. I was a little uneasy about sharing, but when I saw your comment on your blog it was like CONFIRMATON that God wanted to use you to explain some stuff. My former roomie is blogging. I couldn't be happier.
PS: I didn't know Chris had a blog. I must check this out.
Wow, it is officially the coolest thing ever that you have started to blog Jenny!
Also, I had no idea that you had been "secretly" reading our blogs from time to time, as you put it. Now you have finally entered the "exclusive circle" of Bloggers. What a silly word, "Bloggers." I think that is probably what held you back before. You prefer to only be associated with delightful words that roll off the tongue, like EUPHONIOUS, which in itself really does mean pleasing or sweet in sound.
I guess I am also assuming that there aren't all THAT many people in grand ole' Bloomfield that would use words like euphonious, but here in Blog World there are quite a few! Another advantage to joining Bloggers United!
By the way, Niklas says hello. He wants you to come visit us so that you too can enjoy the blue wall, blue doors and blue funky-patter coffee table.
My mom is coming to visit me soon! I think that is great! She was so excited about the "blue wall" as it is now referred to that she figured Niklas painted it just for her. You see, my mom and dad have one wall that is painted with a paint called "French Violet" and she wondered if the Swedes name their paints. Unfortunately they do not, but I decided to come up with a name for our paint color: "Heavenly Scandinavian Blue." Isn't that cheesy?!
Anyway, you can tell how thrilled I am about the Hennyfair Haven by the length of my post. I bet ChrisT. doesn't receive posts this long...
Jenny, I was glad to "hold your hand" through the process. Now, please, whatever you do, don't write anything that will embarass us in the future (members.tripod.com/~evansville).
Glad you're finally in the blogosphere!
Welcome party for Jenny!!! All roads to Bloomfield may have to closed down to allow millions of blogs to go through to Jenny.
Special comments Jenny has not to clarify and respond to immediately:
i) ...What did you eat tonight? (1st comment)
ii) ...Why do you inquire about my dinner choice??? I can't imagine why! (2nd comment)
iii) That was my husband that wrote that first comment! And I really can't imagine why.. (3rd comment)
iv) Jenny... I learned that "preach" in the new testament... (4th Comment)
v) Jenny, I had my eyes tear up. I wasn't crying... (5 comment).
vi) Wow, it is officially the coolest thing ever that you have started to blog Jenny!... (6 comment)
vii) Jenny, I was glad to "hold your hand" through the process... (7th comment)
viii) Welcome party for Jenny!!!... (8th comment)
Well...you still caved! No you have always needed an outlet..so I hear the Heavenly Host.....
The 9th comment has come and is notedddd in the 10th commentooo. Please someone should help find out where Jenny will be having dinner tonight. She needs a blog mug to drink some water
Jenny, why are you so special among your friends? If I were you, I will fill with comments the blogs of those who have been pounding me with comments. Tamara is a suspect, may be Sarah and Kunle or Katie and Nikla or Karen or Becky.
Hey, JJJeeennnnnnyyy
Gee....I wonder who MISTER anonymous is?
Okay kids....lets quit playing on my blog!! I will have to restrict non-bloggers if you're not playing nicely!
Please do not block me out. I want to continue to play. Please, please, please, please. Let us work together to unmask MISTER anonymousssssss
I'm sorry to say that the "MISTER" and "JJJeeennnnyyyy" comment gave it away. So, you are so very close to be blocked my non-blogger friend!
What does "close to be blocked my non-blogger friend" mean? Forgive and forget, and allow me to enjoy my freedom!
Close to being. In my psuedo-rage I mistyped (as I often do!). Your freedom I grant you, but not at this haven. IT'S MY SAFE PLACE!!!!!!!!!!! Let me blog in peace....*sniff-sniff-sob-sigh-sniff*
man, I am a loser. I have no clue who "mister" is.
Sarah must the person
Post a Comment