Here I am again. Not sleeping as I should be. I had a horrible migraine headache today (or so I think it was) and so I took a fairly long nap when I first got home and now I'm wide awake.
I tend to get these headaches that are much more than just a headache. Around the middle of my seventh period class my lips started getting numb, as did my entire left arm. All of a sudden my voice seemed to be coming from someone other than me. I could hear how I would sound to someone else, not how I normally sound from within my own head. Like what I sound on a video or on my voice mail recording on my cell phone. Then my vision started getting all freaky. It was like a strobe light flashing inside my head. And since it wasn't disco day at school I knew something was up! My students started staring at me and asking if I was okay. I was definitely not okay! I was afraid I would pass out and the last thing I wanted was to pass out in a class full of seventh graders!
Thankfully, I made it and came straight home. Well, almost. I had to stop for ice cream and Mt. Dew. Why? Because scientific studies have shown that caffeine helps to alleviate and even prevent migraines. I needed a quick fix! And ice cream is a no-brainer. It acts as an internal ice pack. (Or so my theory goes.) So, I got my supplies, came home, ate bowl of ice cream, drank down a big ol' glass of Mt. Dew, drew my bedroom curtain closed and snuggled in to sleep that crazy headache off!
My point once again...I can't sleep.
3 comments:
You need to check your blood pressure
Elevated blood pressure can do that? Hm. Well, I'll have to do that. But it always seems to happen after days of prolonged computer usage. Thanks for the tip!
Yes and stress! I have prolonged computer usage and I don't have such symptoms! Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment