Friday, November 18, 2005

I Am For You

At three key points in my life in Christ the Holy Spirit has uttered these words to me, "Jenny, I am for you, not against you." Each time the worry, anxiety, frustration, fear, and hurt that had accumulated within me at those times of struggling with His will were washed away in an instant.

Well, last night, I was working on a school project, watching TV, TOTALLY not focused on Him when the Holy Spirit spoke to me "Always remember, I am for you." I stopped working and just sat there wondering if that was indeed the Holy Spirit. Where did it come from? Why right then?Very comforting, but it is too Jennyesque to freak out about that? Was that some sort of "warning" or something to keep in mind down the road when something bad has happened so that I remember that even before something "bad" happened He was reminding me that He was for me? Okay, so maybe it is Jennyesque! Takin' the good and turnin' it into something not so good.


BUT....

On my way home today, I kept repeating that in my head inquiring of the Lord why He would say that. And it seems that He then inquired of me, "Are YOU for you?" Hm. Now there's something to think about it. Knowing that God has my good in mind in EVERYTHING He does or asks of me, do I have my good in mind in everything I do?

There are certain decisions that I make again and again that I know are probably not the best choices. But each time I just think "Oh well, what's it matter? It doesn't affect anyone but me. And my life has little affect on anyone anyway." (And I promise I'm not trying to be down on myself, it's just how I see things most of the time in the things I'm thinking of.) But it was if today God was asking me "Well, don't you care about how things affect you? Don't you care about you? I care about you. I am for you. Are YOU for YOU?"


It's interesting how I can feel so alone and like I matter to no one but then God just utters those few words to my spirit and things seem to do a 180 degree turn. He knows my past, present, and future and He is for me. And, I suppose if He is for me, then I need to be for me, too. Even if it seems like it doesn't matter to me or anyone else He must know that it does.

6 comments:

Becky Durham said...

That a really important message--for you right now especially, but for all of us, as well. If God is for us, then we should be for us, too.

Thanks for sharing.

AND OH MY GOSH! My word verification is: prayfj! To me that means Pray for Jenny! So I will and then I will post this comment. How amazing!

Hennyfair said...

LOL...Thanks Becky! I find that amusing, but mostly encouraging. Thanks for the prayer. :)

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Ha! Cool! I like the word verification-acronyms-turned-into-interesting-sentences!!!

I can't wait to do mine!

I don't even know what Balderdash is.

I am back from taking my mom to the train station to go to the airport. We have had a great time! I will write more about it on our blog.

Ok, here is my word verification:

sprtn

Sometimes pickles really taste nasty.

Yolanda said...

Hey Jen,
Great Blog...Have a super blessed day! thanks for checking out the Blog and thanks for praying for us here in Ecuador...we miss you guys bunches!
and the word verification game...well, my brain is dead about now so this is the best I can do...aikase...Alright, I Know About Seventy Ecuadorians...hahahahahah

have a super day!

Tamara said...

cewtlbb
could everyone wait till love builds bridges.

Tamara said...

Hey, I have got to say Jenny. Everyone told you that this would be great if you blogged. People blog on your blog more than they do on their own. I think you are one special gal!