Z went to the grocery
store yesterday. An act that I appreciate because it means I don’t have to
trek the aisles of Kroger, but I also dread because he is a less than efficient
shopper. This is true in regards to time and money. Case in point, I armed him
with a list of about a dozen items. One of which was peanut butter. He returned
with three different types of peanut butter. One of those types cost ten
dollars! He never ceases to amaze me!
Our dog has never had a bad case of the puppy chews. She has gnawed on only a few things that are of importance but it is not a habit of hers. Unless you consider two things. The first: paper. Drop a receipt, have a paper napkin on your lap, leave a roll of toilet paper in reach and she is on it in a flash shredding it into as many pieces as she can before you snatch it away from her. The second: my panties. That’s right. In the last few months I’ve lost countless pair. You’d think I might learn not to leave them in reach but that is easier said than done. Somehow she finds each and every pair that is not neatly folded and tucked into a closed drawer. It has now reached the point of being comical but I am quickly running out. Think she will outgrow this? I sure hope so!
I am enjoying the planning of someone else's wedding far more than I did my own. It is so much easier to coach and encourage and make decisions when it isn't your own wedding. There is not the same stress, none of your own money, and you can tackle decisions with the beauty of hindsight from your own. I did not enjoy my "wedding season" for various reason. A lot had to do with the fact that I didn't care much about the wedding itself and really just wanted to be married. A lot also came from the fact that Z and I had never planned much together before our wedding and such a big event isn't the easiest place to start! If I could go back and do it again armed with my current understandings it would have been SO much different. Z would agree. Ours was nice enough and I am glad it was what it was, but I'd do it a lot different now. I am so happy and excited for Paul and Rebecca and am thrilled to be helping then plan their special day!
I have discovered Cole Haan footwear. Z has a couple of pair and has told me over and over how wonderful they are in terms of quality and comfort. Unfortunately, with that quality and comfort comes a pretty hefty price tag. Regardless, due to the fact that my current job requires professional attire but I’m also on my feet a lot, we bought me a pair. Oh my goodness! It is like wearing little clouds on my feet! Every step a dream! If ever you need some supremo outfitting for your feetsies, go for Cole!
No comments:
Post a Comment