Sunday, May 27, 2012

Prayers for my Former Co-Worker & Dear Friend

As we left our friends' home this evening I got onto Facebook via my mobile phone. The first post I read took my breath away. I could not believe I was reading what I was reading. In fact, I had to read it three times before the words made sense to me.One of my former co-workers from the past two years of my teaching career had posted the news of her husband's unexpected, tragic death (through an ATV accident).

I personally only met him a couple of dozen times through his visitations at school and also at our wedding, but the friendship I had forged with my co-worker allowed me to feel as if I knew him to a much greater extent. I can't explain how this news has caused my heart to ache for her and their family. Never have I so greatly longed to have the right words or actions to convey the depth of my sorrow on their behalf.

If you will, please join me in praying for my friend and her family in these days to come.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Becky Durham said...

I will pray for her and his family and friends. How awful.