Sunday, November 06, 2011

I Have to Keep Up With This!

So, the problem with being in a season of intense teaching in the realm of ministry is that you are constantly being inundated with new revelation and awesome experiences that you want to share but that are so incredible that you can't keep up with it enough to share! Since I stared writing about the retreat we then had several speakers that really rocked my world! Trisha Frost, Sue Mead, and Rob Stoppard were here the last few weeks. I really, really, really want to give an overview of what each of them spoke about and the also a little bit about what the Lord has been doing as a result of their ministries. Likewise, I read a new book every two weeks and each one is packed full of Truth and I can't even wrap my mind around most of it in the timing that I'm reading it. It all really is A LOT to take in and process.

Additionally, in the last few weeks we have been participating in outreaches. This has included a Friday night of taking food to the homeless, praying, and developing relationships with them. (That is an entire post all itself!) We also went to the University of Houston and prayed with students. I also have a requirement to do my own outreaches. That is, on my own time I intentionally seek out people to talk with and pray with in my daily life. That has also been fun and interesting.

Non-school related, I just got a job at one of the coolest stores ever! The Container Store! If you've never heard of it or had the privilege of shopping there you are missing out! It is only seasonal, part-time but I feel really confident that there is a specific purpose in it (other than a little extra income and awesome discount that will allow me to get my house in order the rest of the way!). I'm quite excited about it and can't wait to get started.

Lastly, for all those who have somehow missed all my FB posts and pictures, Zach and I celebrated our first anniversary this past month. It has been the best year of my life so far! One of much changing, stretching, and growing. Most importantly, one of learning what it is to be loved and to love like I never knew was possible. I am so blessed to be in love with such a wonderful man who is truly my best friend.

I am going to try to make it a point to write at least one post per week! I am! I am! I am!!!!

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Sounds absolutely incredible! All of it! Amazing! I am smiling so huge!!!! :o)

Kristen said...

I missed telling you and Zach congratulations on your 1 year! I am so encouraged about what God can do in me when I look at the transformation that has taken place in you (and you were amazing before!). Marriage looks good on you :) So happy for you!