Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wedding Dreams = Sleepless Night

I had the most horrible dreams about the wedding last night. All night long they just kept coming. Different scenarios but each full of turmoil. Hm. Except one of the dreams that had nothing to do with the wedding but was about Olympic swimming. Anyway, yeah, I'm not sure what was up but I was just tormented by them. Everything from Zach and I getting to our wedding at 9:30 even though it was scheduled at 4:00, a huge semi-truck almost killing us on the way to the ceremony, then my hair and make-up weren't done and I looked like I had just gotten out of bed. In one my dress was tearing and people wanted to fix it with masking tape (since duct tape would show up too much). Then I forgot to purchase a veil and jewelry and was begging someone to go to the store even as I was standing to walk down the aisle. In one dream my bridesmaids didn't show up. It was just chaos in all of the dreams. Completely unorganized maddness! And this was ALL NIGHT that I had these dreams. You think I might be a wee bit stressed by all the planning and making sure I have the details worked out? Which is funny because I don't feel stressed much at all. Yesterday was a weird day for me though. So, that could be a huge part of it. I don't know. I just thought I'd use this opportunity to keep my blog alive. :)

2 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Stress sometimes manifests in dreams, even if you don't feel it during your waking hours. You're just spending a lot of time doing wedding stuff. Bad dreams are no fun. I promise I'll show up to the wedding with a needle and white thread and extra jewelry. I can also arrange for the Texas DOT to close all nearby roads to semi traffic.

Hoping you'll have sweet dreams from now on!

Sarah Oyerinde said...

stupid satan. no bad wedding for you and no plan of the enemy to separate you and Zach and destroy God's plan for your life together will prosper, in Jesus name!

interesting that I had a wonderful dream about you two on the same night that you had all these horrible dreams. and I had not even been thinking about you at all before then.