Today I am thankful for....
the fact that St. Patrick's Day fell while I am on Spring Break. I rarely ever wear green on this day. (I think due to stubborness more than anything. Yes, that's how I am and you all know it!) I don't much care what people say/think/attempt to do to me if I don't. However, I do get extremely annoyed by my students pointing out to me that I didn't wear green. I'm not even sure it's the number of times I have to hear it so much as the fact that each of them thinks they are the first to have told me. Yes, even that kid that comes in late to 7th period and chooses to interrupt the entire class to shout out, "Miss! You don't have green on today! You know it's St. Patrick's Day don't you? You're gonna get pinched!" Hello! It's 2:45 pm! Do you not realize I've now heard that 86 other times from my other little darlings who also think they are sharing some vital piece of news that will undoubtedly make me run to the back room to throw on a leprechaun outfit and come back out dancing an Irish jig?
Yes...I am thankful that I don't have to endure that today. Better yet...I am taking April 1st off this year. This just may be my best teaching year ever!
1 comment:
I've seen the Irish jig, I believe. I've never seen a Leprechaun outfit.
Just sayin'.
Post a Comment