Where do all of the days go??? Last week was full but good. I had the 12th off of work so R and I had the guys over for dinner. That was nice and a good motivator to finally get our apartment fully unpacked and cleaned up.
On Friday night I spoke at our church's "young adults" group. It went pretty well. It was the first time I'd spoken anywhere like that in about 3 years. I spoke on having confidence in hearing God's voice. Even with all the flaws I could pick out I was quite content with what I believe the Lord was able to do through it.
Saturday we went to a park in downtown Houston and prayed for people. That was fun. After that R and I went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science and saw the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit. It was pretty neat. But the number one cool thing about Saturday was how much I was able to walk. Literally for hours. Before the surgery there is no way I'd have even made it from our parking spot to where we were meeting people in the park. I was pretty jazzed about it.
Saturday night we had our first "party". People came over for games and snacks. It was fun. There are several new people coming to our group lately and it's been fun getting to know everyone.
Sunday was church, lunch, tennis, then hanging out. Typical Sunday.
Today is Monday and I'm uber-tired. Yet, I still made it home and over to the apartment gym. I'm starting again down the path that leads to healthiness. I was on the path a few weeks back and slacked. I'm ready to go again and have to, once again, believe for good things. My hip's longevity depends on it more now than ever.
That is all! I shall update again later, I'm sure.
1 comment:
this update encouraged me tremendously! I'm glad to hear things are going well--especially with your recovery!
Post a Comment