Monday, September 28, 2009

Tennis!

This weekend was so much fun for me. I didn't have any papers to grade and my extreme fatigue has finally faded away. Yay! What made it the most fun is that we went and played tennis on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon. Although, I should use the work "played" loosely. We don't so much "play" as just try to hit the ball back and forth. We aren't the greatest but we have fun. I think we'll improve. Plus, it's super cool to see that the more I do the better I actually feel. My hip does feel better when I workout, as does the rest of my body. Just so much less achey and stiff. Ah yes, and I have a pink racket. :) All things considered, I think it's pretty awesome!

Plus, my doctor called me today. He wants me to chat with another young girl who is getting a hip replacement soon. I am waiting on her to call. I hope she does and doesn't feel like calling would be a bother. I would love to be a resource for someone else. In so many ways that would make this much more worth it. Knowing that something good comes out of it for someone other than just me.

Back to grading now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, cool! I hope you can be an encouragement to others, too!

who do you play tennis with? like you and your roomie or you and Z?

Kristen said...

I am so happy things are going well for you!! It's encouraging to me!