Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My Day

I voted today! I would hope all of you can say the same thing. (Or at least that you voted at some point in during this election.) I was all geared up to stand in one of those long lines I've heard so much about. However, I only stood in line about 5 minutes. I was in, voted, and out before I knew what happened.

I got gas today for $1.79! Wow! It was the first time in longer than I can remember that it took less than $30 to fill my tank. I really never thought I'd see gas prices below $2 again. I was quite happy. I am praying the prices will remain low (or go down even more) until Christmas. I am wanting to go home but money is going to be really tight. These lower gas prices will make a significant difference.

I think I'm going to bed early tonight. I don't see the point in staying up trying to follow the election. It never seems to be fully resolved until the next day anyway. Plus, I'm really tired. So, it's off to bed for me in the next couple of hours. Up way too late last night and way too early this morning.

Only 3 days of work left this week! Yay!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

As you know I am not too queen on our voting process. Although,I did vote in this election. I probably would not have voted without Becky's and your encouragements! That should make you happy. Fort Wayne gas is at $2.07. I hope to expereince prices lover than $2.00 It is truly a relief.

Becky Durham said...

I also voted. I also bought gas for cheap. I did not go to bed early and I have to work today, take Thursday and Friday morning off and then go to Camp Loucon and sleep in a cabin for two nights.

Kristen said...

1). Too bad Texas doesn't decide the presidency.

2). I have gotten gas for cheaper, but haven't seen it below $2 in my area. Congrats! ;)

3). Only one more day left! Yipee!