Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Have You Heard Me Say This Before?

We are once again bracing for a potential hit of a well-organized hurricane on the Gulf Coast. We were very thankful to see the Lord answer our prayers when Gustav was drawing close and now we are believing for the same as Ike moves in.

If there has been one thing I've learned from this hurricane season it is that there is just no way to really tell where, when, and how hard a hurricane will actually hit. It keeps you in prayer up until the very end of it all. Which, in my opinion, is actually a very good thing! We are fully relying on God for our protection through it all.

At this present time Ike looks to hit a bit south of Houston, but with it being an expected category 3 we are still going to feel the effects. As a result, people are already responding. For example, my school district (and others in surrounding areas) have already canceled all sporting/extra curricular events from Thursday-Sunday. Likewise, my church has called off its weekend events. And many other areas are already under mandatory evacuations.

So, yeah, I'm asking again....PLEASE PRAY! I am trusting God to prevail once again but that will only be the response to our fervent prayers. Thanks for joining in and asking the Lord to protect us all here on the Gulf Coast.

I'll keep you updated! Thanks!

1 comment:

Becky Durham said...

Ugh--I missed your call last night! I'll try to call you tonight.

Praying about Ike, that God would calm the storm.