I find myself on this Saturday reflecting about the year that has passed. It was one year ago today* that I packed the last of my Earthly possessions and set out for my new home of Houston. I simply can not believe that it has been an entire year. What a year it has been!
For the most part is has been a relatively uneventful year, actually. That is, there haven’t been any major highs or lows, twists or turns along the road for this first leg of the journey. It’s just been a nice stroll into this new phase of my life. At times this was hard to deal with because I’ve been so used to fighting just to survive for the so many years previously that being able to just relax and let things unfold in a most beautiful way took some getting used to. Now I am and I can say that it has been a much needed rest and time of rejuvenation.
With all that said, I will also add that this past year has had one main theme: Answered Prayers. There have been so many things that I cried out to God for in years past that I saw come to fruition this year. Even more amazing is that they came to pass in ways I couldn’t have even asked for because they were beyond my own scope of vision to even consider before this time. The provisions financially, in relationships, within my church, and most of all of His ever-so-near presence in my life this past year have trumped all that has ever come before. It’s all been different than before but seeing it all on this side of the trials of the years leading up to this make me appreciate it all so much more and Him SO much more. Having seen and experienced all of this has truly made me realize that the dawn does come after the darkest hours.
I don’t have much of a clue what to expect from this point on. I can’t help but believe that there is still much goodness to come. Regardless of what may lie ahead this time of recuperation will make it easier to handle whatever does happen should it not be as pleasant as this past year. All I know is that in the past couple of weeks the Lord has been working out some things that He began in me years and years ago. With those things being worked out I fully believe a new level of freedom is coming forth. And with that great victories for the Kingdom! I simply can’t wait to see what the next leg of this journey of my life holds.
*Technically the 1 year mark would be tomorrow but I'm going based upon the fact that I left Indiana on this equatable Saturday in 2007.
4 comments:
You caught me off guard. I can't believe it has been a year already! No way. Time flies.
WOW! A YEAR! Hard to believe a year has passed already.
What a wonderful blog post to read. What a testimony to God's amazing faithfulness and timing and goodness!
If one year can be THAT awesome, then I am SO looking forward to what these next few years will bring in your life.
Congrats on a year!
I may try to call you later...I was thinking about you this morning and realized it's been too long.
I'm so glad God brought you to us in Houston! And for His faithfulness and time of rest. Crazy how time flys huh!
Post a Comment