Friday, April 11, 2008

JOB RIFT

For those of you who get this early in the day today.....

Please, if you will, say a prayer for me and my coworkers. We found out this morning that some of us will be losing our jobs due to budget cuts. We will be finding out at some point today. This has left many of us not knowing what the near future will hold. In my department there were 5 new hires this past year and the cut is made based upon seniority within district. Even a difference of just a single day between hiring will make a difference. We will be called to the office today if we are one of the individuals being cut.

I was very anxious at first, but thanks to the Lord and the prayers of my friends here in Houston, I am now at a much greater peace with it all. Regardless of what happens, I fully trust God knows the plans He has for my life and will always guide me to where I will be able to impact this world the most. Even so, I'm not too keen on the idea of having to look for a new job again!

Thanks for your prayers. I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Well?

Praying!

Also, pray for Chris and Steph and the boys. Malachi's white blood cell count is too low--and dropping. He goes Monday for further tests.

Hennyfair said...

Thanks....All ended up alright for now. The cuts mean there will be larger classes next year, but at least there will be a "next year". I can't say the same for everyone else.

And...

They all have been on my mind something major for about the last 2 weeks. So, I've actually been praying for them more than usual as it is. Esp. Malachi bc, strange has it is, I have this one picture of him that somehow found its way into the middle of my living room floor (still don't know how!), but whenever seemingly random people come to mind I take that as my "call to duty" to pray. So, I will increase my prayers for them. THANK YOU for the specifics!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything turned out w/your job!