"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" ~Jeremiah 29:11-13
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Home Stinky Home
I got home last night around 11 pm. As I opened my front door a disgustingly pungent odor hit me as I entered. My first thought, "Did I not take out the trash?" No, I took that out this morning. Then, "Did something go wrong with the plumbing?" Um, no, this stinks, but it's not that kind of stench. Oh, but then I remembered that I have smelled this foul odor before...unfortunately. Apparently there is some very stinky meal that my neighbors like to prepare that is SO stinkin' stinky that it filters into my apartment and lingers for days! Bleck! What's worse is that I know it's some sort of meat that my mom used to fix my dad and I remember HATING the smell of it back then (and, I'm sure, being forced to eat it!). *sigh* It is so stinky that even this morning I woke up smelling it. I fear it will cling to my clothes and I will smell like stinky meat all day. I'm not sure even the damsel in distress power would work on a guy if you smell like stinky meat! LOL (Sorry, I'm eager to work on my D.I.D Powers as I run my errands today!)Which I need to get to right now!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hmmmm...i wonder what kind of meat it is? or maybe it is a certain kind of spice? is it an exotic kind of food? it isn't fish, is it?
i am quite intrigued.
UGH.
My husband (who thinks he's Mr. Martha Stewart this time of year) went to the store and bought some carpet powder (that you vacuum up) and air freshener. Our house now smells like a "country garden" with lots of stinky things growing in it.
I hate it. But how do you complain about a husband that vacuums?
oh my gosh i HATE nasty smells like that! i had a roommate once who cooked crazy dried fish stuff that was so disgusting and the smell got all over my clothes and sheets and towels and jackets and pillows and stuffed animals and lingered for days, weeks, ETERNITIES...it was awful. sometimes i can still smell it and then i have nightmares. i feel your pain.
So how did it all turn out? Did your clothes smell like nasty meat or were you in the clear? :)
Post a Comment