Tuesday, January 08, 2008

TheCall

Monday 12/31 - By the time Monday morning rolled around and it was time for TheCall portion of our trip I really wasn't in the mood for it. I was in a grumpy mood and just DID NOT want to fast or pray for TWELVE STRAIGHT HOURS! Which, even as I stated that morning, told me that it was probably going to be really incredible because that's the only time I get so cranky about "church stuff". That being when Satan totally doesn't want me to go and be involved. This time was no different!

Let me just say that I've never ever had 12 hours of my life go by faster than it did on this day. I could've bet you a $100 we were there only 3 hours and been surprised when I lost the bet. I left only once to use the restroom and to get a drink and the rest of the time I was fully engaged and loving it. (I remember once, around 7 pm, wondering how people (me included!) could ever choose watching TV or some other similar activity over spending time in the presence of the Lord. How can anyone say that Christians have no fun?!? Isn't standing before the throne of God just THE coolest thing EVER????)

So, what was the focus of TheCall? In a nutshell: OUR NATION. We prayed a lot for California (which really rocked my world given the way God has recently revived my passion for praying for Hollywood and famous people) and for the pornography industry. Need I tell you that it was INTENSE? We also prayed for our government, President Bush (Whom I still love him no matter how much everyone else dislikes him. I'll always stand by him because I've never doubted GOD put him in the office of Presidency!), and the upcoming election. Regarding that, let me just tell you, some strong words came forth about the Iowa caucuses WHICH CAME TO PASS so I am believing that the remainder of things we prayed for, are praying for will also come to pass. Words about the overall election came forth, also, that I believe, if we will but PRAY will also come to pass. PLEASE DON'T STOP PRAYING FOR OUR UPCOMING PRESIDENT! IT IS SO VITAL TO OUR NATIONS FUTURE!

All of this was major, major stuff. We prayed and interceded like nothing I've ever been involved in. Yet, THE MOST important thing we prayed for, which was largely connected to each of these aforementioned things, was the issue of ABORTION.

What can I say about this? There is far too much. Far, far too much. I suppose I will just say that I've almost always had a "heart" for the issue of abortion. I knew it was evil and wrong, my heart always broke when I'd hear stories of abortion or see pictures of such things. I have cried many, many tears over it and cried out to God over those murdered babies. Still, nothing...NOTHING...has ever moved me like this time in God's presence as we prayed and interceded for these unborn children. Then, Lou Engle shared why it was so vital that this be stopped. He, of course, shared of the fact that IT IS MURDER! However, it's what He shared about God's hatred for it and the vengeance that will come upon us as a nation if we do not repent and "turn back to God" that hit me because I'd never heard anything quite like it.

There is no way I could ever begin to tell you about what came forth. So, I'm going to direct you to his notes that are on the IHOP website (at the end of this post). Please, please read them. Pray over them. Seek God about the message. It is a hard message to hear/read, but one that I have absolutely no doubt is straight from God's heart to ours. No doubt at all. If you could only have been there....

So much of our nation's future hinges upon the issue of abortion. Which is part of why these elections are so important. I urge you, when you go to vote this year, and I expect that all of you will, that you only vote for someone who is pro-life. It is THE issue that God cares THE MOST about. Many Christians, including myself, have taken the stance that they WILL NEVER vote for someone who is pro-choice. This includes Dr. James Dobson, Lou Engle, Mike Bickle, the many other leaders that were there at this conference, and others. Like I said, I felt strongly about this issue before, but now, well, I can't even express to you just how much more strongly I feel about it.

Wow....so....um, yeah....It was unlike anything I've ever experienced. Then, at around 11:45 we started worshiping with Jason Upton and brought in the New Year that way. What a way to kick off 2008: My Year of New Beginnings! Nothing could have been cooler than that!


Perhaps some day I will be able to see all of you face-to-face again and share some of these things with you. I can't at all express what happened to me over the course of those days, but they were definitely life-changing for me. I will still have some things to share in the upcoming days, things I forgot about in previous posts, or things that are just now starting to make sense. Still, I know my life will never be the same after this, I'm just not sure what that means yet. I can say this, my capacity to receive God's love has increased as has my capacity to love Him. Afterall, I can only love because He first loved me! How true that is to me now. My desire for obedience has grown and my understanding for why has also changed. Prayer and fasting are altogether exciting ventures once again because I can't wait to be as near to my Father as is possible this side of Heaven. And, as I'm typing this, I'm realizing I'm learning more and more what it means to be "prosperous" and that surely isn't because of financial gain. God HAS made me prosperous and right now I feel like the richest person in the world! Thank you, Jesus!

Thanks for taking the stroll back through all of this with me the last few days. I only wish you all could have been there, too. I just have to say it one last time....

IT WAS INTENSE!


Links y'all should check out!
http://www.fotb.com/ (go to teaching notes, the "Doctrine of the Shedding Innocent Blood"; Lou Engle)
http://www.bound4life.com

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

mmmmmm....wow yeah.

I have also heard some very anointed teaching about God's hatred of abortion and the consequences of what He must do in response because He is a just God. Both by Lou Engle and by Kirk Bennett. I do remember the first time I heard something like that, and how it struck me to my very core - this is for real and it is more serious than we may ever know. I almost have to resist the response of being so saddened by it all that it sickens my heart, because the real response should be an attitude of intercession that brings about change.

It is such a foreign concept to a vast majority of the population, and I think that is further proof of how the enemy really has put a lot of effort into this issue because he knows how vital it is. Here in Sweden it is an enormous dark stormcloud of resistance that I feel helpless against. Just yesterday I was having a conversation with a genetics clinician about unwanted fertilized eggs, and my heart felt so trampled with sadness it was like I had to pick it up off the floor when our discussion was done. What on earth is going to become of *this* nation, where maybe only a handful of Christians have the insight and revelation to pray against the tidal wave of abortion that is so accepted in this land?

*sigh*

Lord, raise up people to pray against abortion in this land, and show mercy to a land that prides itself in being godless.

Thanks for sharing! I am moved to intercede in this issue again, despite the heaviness that results!

Anonymous said...

I've just gotten the opportunity to read through all of your IHOP-KC posts!

I cannot tell you how much my time at that same conference, however many years ago it was, also profoundly affected my life. I pray that everything God has done in you during your time is sealed up inside of you, but that it will also overflow into the lives of others around you, as it has done here on your blog.

Thank you for taking the time to share.