Friday, January 11, 2008

D-Hall Humor

Yesterday, as I was monitoring detention, I was talking to another teacher about how the only time I'd ever almost gotten detention was because I was talking during a tornado drill once back in high school. One of the students interjected...totally serious...totally confused....and asked...."Why weren't you allowed to talk? *pause* Because they don't want the tornado to hear you?" We just stared at her stunned! LOL Then I had to laugh. It was too funny.

However, in her defense they don't have tornado drills here like back home. We'd have them once in the fall and twice in the spring. So, they're really common, ya konw? Plus, she wasn't really thinking that was why, but she couldn't think of any other reason so that is the one she actually stated. I still thought it was funny. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!

That's awesome! So like, the tornado might hear you and suddenly change it's path and come your way! I always wondered why we had to be quiet during tornado drills! Now I've got my answer!