Saturday, December 08, 2007

Semi-Long Life Update

What shall I say.....

For starters, my power cord was FINALLY delivered on Friday. (But only after 3 days of half-hearted attempts on the part of the delivery person.) Ah, but one might ask, "Hennyfair, then why are writing this from your classroom and not your apartment?" If I found this amusing at all this is where I'd chuckle and say, "Oh, those silly Dell people. They sent me the wrong part of the power cord!" Instead this is where I say that I'm soooooo irritated with them! But I'm not going to go into that because I'm in a good mood and don't want to spoil it. :)

Secondly, I went back to the "young adults" group at my church for only the second time last night. It is in a "new beginning" since the previous leaders have stepped into another ministry. So last night was the first night for the new leaders. I am so glad I went. We basically had a time where each of us shared our testimonies and then a time of prayer for anyone who wanted it. So much was confirmed to me through what others had to share, both with the group and then with me personally. The most amazing part is that there was a lot of confirmation about what I've felt God trying to do in me for the past...well...years, really. But I've not had any real guidance or real support so, as you all know all too well, I've really struggled. There have been so many things come up in me but I had no idea what to do with them or how to handle them or who to go to for help. Now I get the sense that I'm really going to have some support to walk out the final parts of the healing God has been wanting to do in my life. (The healings He started way back in May of 1999!) And I now firmly believe that that is both an emotional healing and a physical healing. I believe they are connected and when one happens the other will be close behind. (More on that another time. It's a post all in itself!) Plus, last night I could see the fulfillment of many of the words given to me at my final trip to WOHG back in July. No, they didn't all come to pass last night, but I now see that this is where they will come to pass. So that was a HUGE encouragement.

I guess that's it. That was long enough. I have other stuff going on but I feel God telling me to "wait" and His timing will reveal everything. Thus, I am to keep my mouth shut until that time! Even though I'm dying to hash it all out with you guys. :)

Well, I am at school picking up some things to work on this weekend so I'd better get back to my focus. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Ugh about your computer cord.

But it's awesome you went to your group last night and had things confirmed.

Anonymous said...

How.... LAME... but you know what they say... sometimes Dell is from... Hell.

I'm so glad for you about the other things going on in your life though! God is GOOD! And I can't wait to hear the rest. :o)

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Oh wow!
I really needed to hear that and to be encouraged in my faith.
The more you share about how faithful He is in your life, the more strengthened I am in my own faith!
So keep it up! I am definitely "listening" (reading!)
KT