This entire week of school we've been wrapping up loose ends. That has meant a lot of "down" time during the classes. So, today I had finished my grading and the kids were coloring their DNA/RNA pictures when the Google Earth icon on my desktop caught my attention. Yes, I've played with this before and just about have the bestest time ever with it! So, I decided I'd partake again today. What ended up happening is that I showed the kids the house I grew up in and then they wanted to show me their homes. Can I just tell you that most of them live in subdivisions that are bigger than the entire town I grew up in. NO KIDDING! It was so odd to see the differences. Mostly just how much larger our yards are back home and how much open space there is between neighbors and such. Plus, there is so little individuality between their homes. It was interesting. But they couldn't get over how small my town was or how far I had to drive just to get to any stores or school. We had a nice time with Google Earth.
Oh! But I noticed something else about "my" house. It is a perfect cross! I thought that was super groovy. Kind of a message from God to Hennyfair that He most definitely had my family in mind when He went to the cross. That one of these days they will reside in His care, love, and forgiveness just as He has promised. It was a great reassurance.
Man, Google Earth rocks!
No comments:
Post a Comment