Saturday, December 01, 2007

Advice for Using Public Computer Labs

1) Turn down your speakers. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR YOUR MYSPACE MUSIC! Especially when there is a speaker in the room playing music AND 2 other people are listening to their MySpace music!

2) Don't talk to the screen. You sound unstable when you tell the computer, "We're going to try this again." or "Why did you let him post that?"

3) Take your cell phone conversations elsewhere. I don't care if you now prefer hispanic women to black women. I don't care if she stole your boyfriend and claims she's coming to Houston to kill you. I DO NOT CARE! Go home if you want to talk on the phone! This is a PUBLIC COMPUTER LAB!

4) Log off of your accounts when you leave. I don't want to check your email. I don't want to get into your MySpace account. Although, if I weren't Hennyfair, I might be some creep who wanted to get your banking account information or use access to your email to send crude emails to everyone in your address book. C'mon! It's the age of identify theft! Don't leave your accounts open!

5) Get a home computer and internet access. It's just too annoying in here!

3 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Ha. This made me laugh.

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

You are really having a rough time of it!!!

(I understand completely!)

Hope you get the cord SOON!

Anonymous said...

As someone who used to work in the computer lab @ the library...Can I get an AMEN please!! LOL these are all things I had to walk up to people and ask them to do...However there are always those who don't feel the need to cooperate. What part of LIBRARY do they not understand?!? What happened to being QUIET in the library? My how times have changed!!!