My mom called last night to tell me a little story about Adria. Which I then believe God used to encourage me in some things. Here is the quick version of both....
My 2.5 year old niece, Adria, was messing around with the caller ID monitor. They asked what/who she as looking for. She said me (Hennyfair!). They asked her why and she hopped down and ran to get a book. (I read to her A LOT when I was there and buy them lots of books and "educational" type stuff.) So, anyway, she wouldn't let anyone else read to her, she wanted me alone. (Ah, how sweet to this aunt's heart.)
So, I told God how much I missed her and, once again, asked what the heck my life is all about. Because, although, I don't mind being gone at all, I sure wish I could see those kids every day and/or at least have my own family. And in a way that only God can He showed me how me being the only person in my family to ever "get out" of my hometown was truly because of His plans He had for me since before I even knew it. And that I had no "role model" to help me set my sights on bigger things; it was something that He had put inside of me. But now I can get the chance to be that kind of role model I didn't have for my nieces and nephews. Just by living the life He called me to I can show them the possibilities that lie beyond that town and that it is possible to come from there but then to make something "more" of your life.
That was enough to make me feel like my life had some meaning. So what if I die alone and not really knowing why I was ever here in the first place? If it means one of those kids has a better life because of one thing I did, it's so worth it.

2 comments:
WOW!
I saw my sister's little ones this week. I know exactly what you mean. I am only 3 hours from them and it really bothers me. I want to be that aunt that they grow really close to. Adria is so lovely.
Post a Comment