Monday, November 05, 2007

AWESOME!

In a previous post I mentioned that God spoke to me through the song lyric, "...I never want to go back to my old life..." as a means of causing me to desire even greater things. He spoke to me through another lyric tonight and I feel it has a similar connection. It was in what is perhaps my favorite song of all time, "Enough" by Chris Tomlin. Everything about this song is my prayer for my life and a promise that God has given me. Unfortunately, it also has a bittersweet connection to my life because when I first heard it and TRULY sang it as a prayer, well, that's when all the trials began. It was as if God was bringing me to a place of being able to say that He truly is enough. And not just enough, but MORE than enough for me. So, the fact that I've heard that song countless times in the last week, even though it's far from a new song to be played on the radio or sang in church, has had me a little shaken. Are the trials coming again? Do I still not live as if He is more than enough? Most likely not, but thankfully I don't feel that is what this is all about. Nope, instead this is the meaning I got tonight as I was praying......

There is the line, "...still more awesome than I know!" in the song. That is the one He highlighted for me. As if to say, "Even though you may still struggle with issues and even if you don't fully understand why you are where you are or where it is I'm taking you, rest assured in the midst of all this you will get to experience for yourself that I AM STILL MORE AWESOME THAN YOU HAVE YET TO KNOW OR EXPERIENCE! More awesome than you even know to be able to consider at this point in your experiences!"

My faith is really growing. I believe He is really, really stirring me to believe for miracles. MIRACLES! Miracles of Biblical proportions. Okay, well, miracles of Godly proportions! Some of what happened at those meetings this past weekend made me realize how skeptical I am even at this point, but it's almost like He's allowing me to "dare" Him to knock the skepticism out of me.

Thus....

I'm letting go of the good of the past for GREAT things of the future to be able to experience His AWESOMENESS beyond what I know!

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

COOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


All of those things are what I felt led to pray for you yesterday!!!!!!!!1

Brian and Kristina Schmitt said...

wahooo....goosey bumps!