Friday, October 05, 2007

I'M BACK! (Maybe only temporarily....)

I don't know how, but I have internet again! I'm so happy! I feel so disconnected w/out the world wide web being connected in my home. I'm still not sure how it happened but I know my fiddling with settings only made it worse. Then tonight, out of frustration, I messed around again and...viola! I'm back on! Yay! :) It may not last, but I'll rejoice while I can.

I didn't make it to our church meeting tonight...yet again. I'm telling you, it's hard to get places on a Friday night. I'm just so dead tired by the end of the day. I left school at 4:45 today then accidentally fell asleep on the couch when I got home. I still tried to make it to the meeting but you just can't imagine the traffic here. That, together with a moderate rain and lack of knowledge of the area, meant I'm back home doing nothing but wasting time online. Still, it feels good to be online. :)

Oh, I also wanted to share another "connected to Evansville" story. I covered for another teacher today who teaches in my room during my off period. In my room I have a UE banner. Two of the kids in there asked me if that is where I went to school. Well, it turns out that one of their parents grew up there and another actually lived in Newburgh for 3 years of her life! I thought that was so cool! But what was really funny is that the boy said he'd been there with his mother to visit and couldn't believe what a small "town" it is. LOL I was like, uh, yeah..it's the 3rd largest city in Indiana. LOL Compared to Houston it is a "small town". Still, it was pretty cool to be able to talk about home with some people who had actually been there.

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

I'm glad you're back!

The colors are...different!

:o)

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

(if your student came to Staffanstorp, he would think it was a hamlet!)