Monday, September 17, 2007

Parents-Parents-Parents

I had my first parent contacts today. Both via email and telephone. Joy-joy-joy! I totally appreciate parents who are involved in their little darlin's lives, but sometimes ya just gotta wonder when they're gonna cut the cord, ya know? *sigh* Oh well, it went alright and I've certainly faced worse. Tomorrow night is our open house. I've never had one like this so I'm both excited and nervous. It's one where the parents go to their child's classes by following their schedules. Each teacher gives an 8 minute presentation on the class and gives the parents a chance to ask general questions. I'm thinking this could be really good, but I also know that my fantastic public speaking skills tend to falter when I'm speaking to people over the age of 16. I'm sure it'll be just fine though. If not, well, it's only one night of my life and I'm sure I'll learn something from the experience.

Right now, well, right now I'm tired. It's been a long day. Mostly mentally draining, but tiring nonetheless. So, I shall finish watching "Who's the Boss" and then go to bed. (Yeah, I will almost always choose an 80's or 90's sitcom over other choices.) So, now this stuck-in-the-past chica is headed to bed!

No comments: