Saturday, August 25, 2007

Monday Marks the End

My whirlwind of a summer comes to an official end on Monday. That's right, it's the first day of school. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I've been in trainings for the last week and a half so having students will bring them to an end! My brain is so full of information my brain is about to pop! I spent about 6 hours at the school today getting my classroom ready to go. It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. I still have a list as long as my arm of things I need to do before the kiddos walk into my room but it all seems quite manageable.

Things are still going really well. I still love Houston and just about everything about it. (Except for the cable company! I DO NOT LIKE COMCAST!) It's still crazy hot and humid and apparently it'll stay this way for at least another month (probably more). I'm not minding it to much though. I'm just so thankful to be here and all that jazz that I'm not complaining about anything (except the cable company).

Time to get back to work! Monday will be here before I know it!

2 comments:

Brian and Kristina Schmitt said...

I cannot believe you did not mention your fun with the tennis balls.

Becky Durham said...

Wow! I'll be praying for you extra tomorrow! May your students be easy to get along with and eager to learn.