Alright, so I did it. I went. I went to church today. Not that I really wanted to. I was up so late due to the aforementioned frog issue that one must give God all the credit for me making it there. I went to Encourager Church. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I felt very welcome there and people even talked to me. That totally shocked me because my last experiences with visiting churches led to much disillusionment about the friendliness and openness of church bodies. The worship was really great and there were just people praising and worshiping and dancing all over the place. There was such freedom! It was so cool. Plus, ohmigosh, the youth! Wow! The youth were just all over it. They were worshiping with all their hearts and when it was times of praying for people they were the ones who were just on it like nothing I've ever seen. I literally started crying as I watched these teens. It was such a blessing to see. I would like to tell you about the message but I can't. You see, when I arrived there were fire trucks and police all over the place in the adjacent parking lot.* Once I got inside and we'd worshiped some we were told that there was a blown transformer in that lot so they would have to turn off the electricity in our building, too. So, about 1/2 way through the service all power was cut. So, we continued to worship and some people testified during that time, but at that point people were pretty much free to leave. I stayed a while but it got hot in there really quickly so I went ahead and left. I do plan to go again next week which is a service designated for letting people know what the church has to offer in terms of ministry. I thought that was cool because that will give me a chance to meet all of the pastors and other staff. So, yeah, it was a great experience. I've said I'll stick with it for 6 weeks and then see about going somewhere else. So, yeah, I'm glad God got me up!
* What came to mind were those early days of going to WOHG when we'd pray for "fire" and we'd make comments about how the people passing by would "see" the "fire" and call the fire department. I was like, "Hm! Maybe that actually does happen!" LOL Maybe I'm the only one who remembers that, but still it was a good memory!
2 comments:
WOW! Can I come visit?!?!?!
That church sounds so encouraging!
I like your plan/determination to stick with it for 6 weeks.
So, they didn't have "unbearable" Texas accents?!?!?
Have a GREAT week!
I'm so happy for you! And I also like your plan to stick with it for 6 weeks.
Sounds like it was awesome :)
Speaking of worship: we used a Chris Tomlin song last night for our worship at youth group.
Post a Comment