So, here's a synopsis of our Texas trip written in such a way that you will appreciate it only if you were there. Ha! Sounds like fun, huh?
So, the first thing I remember is being so fascinated by a stoplight that I ran it. I learned that Love's falsely advertises having showers, but that not all people in Arkansas (The Natural State) are supportive of Hillary. I also learned that Becky will not heed warnings to stop making me laugh while I'm drinking/eating! Which came as a result of learning that peanut butter M&M's are pretty much awesome. Right before that I learned that I do not take news of reaching 1/2 way points very well at all. That was also around the time that we exited Arkansas into Texas only to re-enter into Arkansas just moments later without knowing how that was possible. Thankfully a very helpful gas station attendant helped us out by telling us she didn't know directions any better than she knew her butt from something (which I sadly can't remember what) and then told us to turn right and just keep going and that, "Yeah, I'm sure that will get you there." Um, that was NOT the way and thankfully we didn't take her advise. I discovered that Becky can't distinguish between the words "key" and "pee" very well at all and that Kleenex wet wipes, with all their tingly sensations, will keep you awake when driving long distances. Also that in Texas sometimes bug showers can get confused with rain showers and that some guy name Rog is part of what seemed like some family run gas station business. Ah, Rog. What a guy! But the greatest thing of all was the formation of the Feline Nub Association. (More to come on that later!) Alright, so maybe that wasn't the greatest thing of all, but it has provided countless hours of entertainment. And I'm sure I forgot a myriad of other things but those are what stick out in my mind right this moment. Still, THE greatest part....Just having Becky go along with me. In case y'all didn't know she's pretty much awesome. :)
It really was a quick trip that seemed like one loooong day even though it was 3.5 days. By the end I was 1/2 goofy, 1/2 irritable, and 1/2 completely out of it. I had a REALLY fun time though. I look forward to any and all of you coming down to visit sometime, also.
Oh...and Sarah...I am leaving for good next Saturday, the 28th. And as for the Texas pics that were taken, they were only of an empty model of my apartment so that I could remember what colors counters/walls/etc. are and how big closets, cabinets, etc. are. Which is probably my fault because I was very anti-photos.
I'm sure more will come soon!
4 comments:
Jenny--this is important:
It has to be FOUNDATION! If it's ASSOCIATION, the acronym is a little bit inappropriate. I'm not sure that I can change my myspace name to FNA VEEP. People will think I'm just being vulgar. I hope we don't disagree on this. I would hate for the FNF to dissolve already.
So, this is one of those blog entries that's made almost entirely of inside jokes.
(Swallow whatever you're drinking...)
Pretty much silly.
Oh I hate being on the outside. I remember the last trip I took to Texas with Jenny and I remember it being completely amusing. This trip sounds even more entertaining. I missed out this time.
We did miss our Peachy being with us! We talked about your absence quite a bit. We also mused that if you had come with us, we probably would have gotten on your nerves.
If it makes you feel any better, had you come, you probably would have had to sit on my lap or Jenny's lap (depending on who was driving) in the truck b/c Jenny filled it UP with all kinds of heavy boxes. It might have been awkward after awhile--especially since Jenny tends to spit.
Well, I have rejoined the blogging world and see I have lots of catching up to do on your adventures!!! I am glad you had such a great trip! Congrats on signing your contract, lease and all that jazz!!! I am truly happy for you. Sorry won't get to see you before you leave :-(
Also...I am only blogging at Devotion (tubuscasadoradores.blogspot.com) now, CarpuelaMA is closed! Blessings and have a great move!!!!
Post a Comment