Monday, July 02, 2007

Stinky Library

I tried for 3 hours yesterday to get dial-up at my mother's house. It didn't go well. Which shouldn't surprise me because NOTHING is ever easy at their house. NOTHING! Anyway, I ended up yelling...yes, yelling...at the billing guy because they kept trying to give me tech support and convince me to stick with it. That infuriates me. When they talk to you like you're an idiot who doesn't know what you really want, all the while refusing to do what you've asked of them. And it's just so retarded that my mother's town doesn't have the ability to have any type of Internet other than dial-up. How archaic is that? So, I'm at the library in Terre Haute. Which is stupid, too, because the Brazil libray is under construction and closed! How crazy is that? The one time I need that library in all the nearly 30 years I've lived and they are closed! Plus, something or someone smells really funny here so I'm typing as quickly as possible so at to get out of here. God willing I will be with Internet at my mother's by sundown! Can you tell I'm enjoying my life back at home???? Yeah, I'm sure it is oozing out of the screen.

Alright, I'm getting ill due to the smell. Gotta go!

2 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Oh...the sacrifices you make to update your blog.

So, I'm reading between the lines, since you really didn't mention it at all, and it seems that you aren't really enjoying this leg of your journey to Texas. Hang in there!

Tamara said...

I was thinking yesterday how different my life would be without the internet. And then I remembered the days I had dial up. I don't know if my addiction to the internet is a good thing, but I do know it would be hard to live without it.