First....I made my last credit card payment! I no longer have any credit card debt! I went from about $11,000 when I moved here to $0 just as I'm ready to leave! Pretty awesome, huh? That's a lot of working 2 jobs and living in places with way cheap rent with bad furniture!
Next...When I completed my application for my new apartment I got a great deal. A $1,000 value for only $199 (app. fee, deposit, Aug. rent) . I felt so blessed! That would really help with the expenses of moving. Well, I've had a lot of unexpected expenses come up plus the fact that I won't get paid for that month when I first move. So, I was REALLY appreciative of that move-in special but still getting more than a little stressed about money. So when I had another unexpected expense hit I was not feeling so good about things. This time it's my car. It has 2 bent rims and 2 bad tires as a result of the rims. *sigh* So, today I found out that my car would cost about $450 just for parts. That totally took my breath away. That's money I just don't have right now. But, here's the cool part....Within 10 minutes of getting off of the phone with the car service center I got a call from my new apartments. As it turns out they misquoted me about the move-in special. Not only did I get the $199 deal I mentioned before it also included my rent for September! How incredible is that??? So, it basically covers the cost of my car and gives me about $200 of "wiggle" room.
I know it's not PC to talk about money like I do, but I've been through A LOT with finances in these past 7 years and it's a total testimony of how far I've come. I mean, I made less than $10,000 the year I moved from Evansville, left with the aforementioned credit card debt plus other miscellaneous unpaid expenses, couldn't even afford to live in my own place, and had a vehicle that I despised and was paying WAY too much for because of my bad credit. Now, well, now I'm about to start a job where I will make over $45,000 a year plus $10/hr for each continuing ed class I take, have NO credit card debt, am going to live in a nicer place than I could have imagined, have a car I love and am actually paying more on each month then I have to, and my credit is in REALLY good standing. How's that for a testimony???
Ahhh...how blessed.
3 comments:
Sweeeeet! That is a wonderful testimony!
Jesus... YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!!
Jenny--I'm so happy for you! I know that money has been such a difficult issue in your life for a long time. I'm thrilled that you are finally out of that hard place.
And congrats on paying off the credit cards! That's really hard to do--great job!
Jenny! That is sooooooo awesome!!!Good job. What an encouraging testimony.
Post a Comment