Saturday, July 28, 2007

Just About Ready to Go

Today is my last day in Indiana! Yay! I have a lot to do, but not too much that I'm overwhelmed and worried about accomplishing it all. It's just stuff like getting my oil changed, vacuuming my car, and finishing my packing. Oh yeah, and sleeping! Not too bad at all!

Last night was my last set of good-byes. I had dinner with several of my friends from high school. Just by "chance" the restaurants were all pretty empty last night. It was strange for a Friday night, but a great thing. It allowed us to sit in the restaurant from 3+ hours and just talk, catch up, laugh, reconnect, etc. It was really fun.

One last thing.....

I had forgotten to print out computerized directions for my trip down to Texas so I asked my friend, Shannon, to print some out for me. She said it'd not be a problem and would bring them to me at dinner. Well, when we get there she informs me that her husband was napping with their daughters and she couldn't figure out the directions. So do you know what she did? She hand wrote out all the directions...every little thing that was on the Mapquest directions....and even color coded it all. At the end she even put an extra message at the end that was so sweet. If I had any idea where my camera was I'd take a picture to post. They were just too funny! I can't believe she did all that. It was just incredibly sweet.

1 comment:

Becky Durham said...

What a sweet thing for Shannon to do!

I hope you're able to get some sleep after all your "chores" are finished! Be careful driving.