Saturday, June 02, 2007

Oh Me, Oh My

I woke up this morning wondering if I had been drugged or something yesterday. I had fallen asleep with my regular "day" clothes on and the TV and lights all on at some point yesterday evening/night. The thing is I just can't remember much past right when I got home yesterday. Which would have been about 6 p.m. I knew I was tired after 2 days of hanging out with my niece and nephew, but I had no idea I was THAT exhausted. I know other things happened once I got home but I can only remember bits and pieces of it all. It's a really odd feeling. So, I guess this must be what it feels like to have gotten crazy drunk or something only to wake up the next morning with no recollection of what happened during all that time. But I sure did dream a lot during my sleep. A LOT! Strange....

Oh! But, as I mentioned when Katie shared about her money find, that sort of thing happens to me rather frequently. Case in point....Yesterday just before I was going to drop my nephew off with my sister he and I were going to get ice cream, but then didn't have enough time. So, after I had dropped him off that idea was still stuck in my head so I went to Steak 'N Shake to get a milkshake. While I was sitting there the wind picked up and a bunch of leaves blew towards me. In the midst I noticed something. It looked like money, but what are the chances, right? Well, as it turns out, it was a $20 bill. Blew right up to my car. How crazy is that? The last time s'thing like that happened was a few months ago when I parked waaaaay away from the door at the store bc my leg wasn't hurting much so I wanted to walk. Well, when I came back out there was a $20 bill there, kinda wedged under my front tire. So, I really do appreciate those stories. I feel like it finds me! It really does happen more than one might think it would. Anyway, I'm just rambling. (I do that, you know.)

Now I'm going to get up and try to remember more of the details about last night. It's so strange.....

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Two occasions of finding $20 bills?!?!? That is crazy!

What a "windfall"!

Becky Durham said...

You really just have a "thing" for that.

In a similar turn of events, Jonas has found 2 $5 bills in the past week.

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound, considering that you don't remember much after that!