Packing, cleaning, and painting are taking longer than I expected. Some of this has to do with weather and the inability to move things from here to my family's. Still, I'm very close to being finished. It is my sincere hope (and belief!) that I will be out of here by this time tomorrow. (Only 24 hours later than expected.) Yay! Bye-bye Bloomfield!!!
Now, I know I ask this a lot, but I'm going to request some prayer on some things.
1) I'm working on getting certified for my new job. I just hope that I am making the right contacts and am able to have this all secured in the necessary timing.
2) Money issues. As you guys know, moving is expensive! Especially when you won't get a month's pay right in the midst of it. Plus, now I need to buy new furniture, pay for my Texas teaching certifications, and have had several unexpected bills come up. And if it weren't for the lack of pay in that one month I would have had all I needed plus some wiggle room. So, I just need to pray that I use all my money wisely and that it goes farther than I expect.
3) I have 3 weeks to complete my portfolio for my master's degree. This is one of those things that really stresses me out some days and on others I just don't even want to do it. Neither is a good attitude! What's worse is that I don't have any place to work on it here since I no longer have my classroom and will be living at my mom's. (Their city's library is even closed due to renovations so I have no place at all to work on it!) Thus, I'm going to go to Evansville to work down there where I'm comfortable and familiar with the libraries and will have someone I know who can assist me in using some of the library's more technological aspects that I will need. I need to be focused and in the right frame of mind to get this knocked out. It involves reviewing all of my assignments/papers from the past 18 months, choosing 3-4 for each standard we were to have met, then writing an explanation of why we chose it. In addition, we have to include student work samples with explanations and essay of our experience during our degree program.
4) I have a friend who is in Texas who is deliberating between 2 job offers. They are both for positions as a youth pastor. One is in Houston and the other is in Colorado. Of course, my selfish side really wants him to remain in Houston, but I truthfully want him to follow where God is leading him.
Thank you so much!
Keep my posted on any requests you have, also!
Back to work now!
1 comment:
Hey--I'll pray.
:P
Post a Comment