So, have I ever mentioned this......I HATE BLOOMFIELD! Yeah, I know. I only mention it every other day. That's only because it's true. I can't explain why it is, but for some reason there just isn't anything about this place that I like. I've tried really, REALLY hard, but there just isn't anything! Plus, you all know how much I dislike the fact that I can't go anywhere without seeing a dozen or more of my students. It just never ends!
Today I got home and, as is too often the case, someone was parked in my spot. This is always frustrating because if I park elsewhere it will be on the street and I will have to pay or I will park in someone else's spot and that only perpetuates the problem. So, I wedge the vehicles in so that they have to face me in order to move. Well, heck, today was no different. Only as I'm trying to maintain my noticeably irritated demeanor (because I do chill out about it quickly after meeting the person) he says, "So you work at Eastern, right?" And I was like, "Um, yes." The whole time wondering how he knew this. Well, that was soon answered when he said, "Yes, I am pretty sure you have my son in class." To which I think to myself, "Oh crap. If it's a 'good' kid then I hate that his is how I met the parent and if it is a 'bad' kid I hate that all the bad stories they've heard of me are now being substantiated." So, anyway, he goes on to tell me who his son is and all that. Meanwhile I'm having to try to explain why this situation is so frustrating without sounding like I'm attacking him personally. It wasn't the high point of my day, to say the least.
So, between the dealing with kids/parents around every corner, almost literally, and just my overall disdain for my life here, I just want to say I CAN'T WAIT TO MOVE!
3 comments:
so good kid or not?
He's a good kid in my worst class. Consequently, the class I have at the end of the day. The class that puts me in a horrible mood which is why such things as unauthorized parkers get to me so much. So, he's likely been told stories about how much Miss Hayes yells. Oh well, I'm done w/ EG in 5 days!!!!
This is, after all, the same town that inspired a young Jonas D. to say, "Ah, Crap! I'm not going there!" upon the mere mention of its name.
So you know you need to get outta there!
Post a Comment