I had my interview today. So, tell me, is it a good thing if at the end they say, "We love you....We want you...When can you interview with the administration?" I was blown away by their response! I mean, I know there is a great need for teachers in the Houston area, but my past experiences in trying to find a teaching job were not very good, positive, or at all encouraging, thus, having such an overly eager response blew me away. I'm not sure if I'll end up with that job, but it sure is a fantastic way to start off. I do interview well, this I know, I can pull out the B.S. on a whim. I mean, I do believe what I say, but it just sounds so...yeah...like a bunch of B.S. Anyway, I hope this is a good sign of things to come!
Tonight was also our awards night at school. As usual, I presented the jr. high science awards. I always take delight in this. However, I write not to share about that. Although, I can't really share the full details of why I'm writing about this. What I did want to say is this....During our D.C. trip something happened with one of the students. It was really funny and became a bit of an inside joke between the adults. Well, this kid is one who I was to present an award to. I tried with all my might to avoid eye contact with any of the adults on the trip but the vice principal was sitting directly in front of me and when he smiled I lost it. Thankfully the kid wasn't there to receive his award, but I did manage to totally embarrass myself. I had to step away from the mic in order to regain my composure to finish off my presentations. I've laughed about it off and on all night now. It was just one of those things that hits you just right and you just can't pull it back together. (Hm...Katie...it's a "car #1" type of thing.) All I know is that that was not the last impression I had hoped to leave on the community. Oh well, it'll give me something to laugh at for years to come!
As for now, I leave you with this wonderful thought....EIGHT DAYS!
4 comments:
HAHAHAHA!
I think it is *just right* that you leave the community with that particular impression of you! I think that is the way it should be! A teacher who wasn't afraid to giggle/laugh/lose it in front of people when something funny happened! That is who you are!
Congrats on such positive feedback on your very first interview...Looks like your main "problem" will be having to narrow down your options to the particular position you want, since you may be offered so many!
ONLY EIGHT DAYS! That is CRAZY! YOU MADE IT!
(have you started packing yet???)
Ha! That's hillarious :)
I'm so glad that your interview went well--that's a good sign, right? I hope all future interviews are equally encouraging!
EIGHT DAYS???? no....... it can't be..... we have 17 left! EIGHT, REALLY??? how is that possible??? brian was throwing crayons across the classroom at devin, cooper hit devin in the face with his baseball glove, NOBODY can stop talking in the hall, oh and homework? what's that? you mean we had homework last night, miss tice?
THEY'RE CRAZY!!!! seventeen days. seventeen.
Wow, how cool to get such a response!!!! Although I am not surprised that they are so taken by you!!! You are amazing.
...been away from blogging for a while...please keep me on your 'to read' list! looking forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment