Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ever So Exciting Updates....Or Not So, As the Case May Be

I leave for D.C. in less than 1 week! I am excited about my trip. Especially now that I learned which kids will be on my bus and which kids will be my responsibility. God answered my prayers to NOT be on a bus with one particular student and I got the group with the "science geeks". (Sorry if any of them ever were to come across this. I actually say that in an endearing way.) Even though we will be traveling NONSTOP and I will undoubtedly have THE WORST HAIR most of the trip, I am really looking forward to it.


Also....

The friend I mentioned before who is having a baby but is in a not so good situation still needs your prayers. She is in the process of making the decision of whether to move and, if so, where to. She also is seriously considering putting the child up for adoption. She really needs God's guidance on this. I am doing my best to "just be a friend", but I always feel so lacking when it comes to such things. She and I talk every couple of weeks and I mostly just listen. It's so hard when you've never experienced the same thing, but right now I guess she feels I'm all she's got. It's so weird, but God must know what He's doing. Anyway, yes, she needs your prayers as her life and the life of this child are in the process of being decided. In some ways, this could also affect my life and where I end up when I move. So, anyway, thanks for all of your prayers!!!

Finally....We have less than 3 weeks of school left! I'm SO excited! A week after school is out I head to Texas for a job fair so I'm really anticipating that in hopes of getting some details in place about this move. Other things in my life are in a strange state, also. To some degree it's in a good way, in other ways it's just maddening and I wish I knew "the rest of the story" at this point. Oh well! It'll all pan out, I'm sure!

More fantastically thrilling updates to come later!!!

1 comment:

Becky Durham said...

I'm excited you get to go to DC! I've never been.

I'll pray for your friend.

School's almost out!

Also, send me an email. I don't have the right new address...