I am still having random fits of coughing, but I am feeling about 80% better. I am talking pretty normally now and am able to sleep for the most part. I seriously praised God for scientific discoveries such as antibiotics this weekend. Science is awesome!
I babysat my sister's kids this weekend, also. I went and spent the night with them while she went out with her new boyfriend after they had all went to the zoo for the day. I can't say enough how much I love and adore those kids. Words do not even come close. They are just the most precious part of my existence. When we were playing outside, Tristan riding his bike while Adria and I fed grass to the lawn ornament rabbit and then played catch with her little soccer ball, I was overcome by the pure joy that overcame her by the simplest of acts. It was so cool. And just having Tristan run up and jump in my arms when he first saw me made my day. Ah, and just the way she wanted to hold my hand as she fell asleep...it just melted my heart. And seeing his eyes light up as he told me all about Spiderman and his superpowers and then laughing hysterically as I tried to mimic old Spidey. Man, I am going to miss them so, so, so, so, so much.
Anyway....I've got work to do now.
3 comments:
Ahh I share your pure joy. I know exactly what you mean. I am so happy that they bring you such delight.
I'm so glad you're feeling better.
And I'm glad you had such a good time with the kids :) They are blessed to have an aunt who loves them so much!
Kids are so great!
Post a Comment