Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Another last....

Yesterday was the last jr. high science club meeting. We had pizza, hung out, and since it was one of our biology focus meetings, we went on a nature hike. You know, ever since D.C. my body has not recovered. My hip is in such pain constantly and last night they just compounded it! For heaven's sake, all I wanted to do was the little walk through trail. But no! We had to do the 2 mile down and up hill trail. Lordy! They were panting and sweating, so you can imagine how I was! Still, it was a very nice walk and meeting overall. I can't say I was sad for it to end. I was ready for it. So now the only last is THE last day! Wahooey!!! Two days to go....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 2 days to go. It makes me sad that the school year is ending because that means the time for you to move to Texas is closer. I am happy for you though and I hope Texas will bring you much more happiness than Bloomfield has though I don't know if that is possible. HA! HA! What will you do when you are able to find stores actually open past 7:00? LOL! Who knows may we will see you in Texas sooner than we think.

Becky Durham said...

I hope you're feeling better so you can enjoy the last day!

regarding your note: My july is pretty open! I have an overnight trip to Mammoth Cave with the youth group on July 5 and then some day trips with the kids (Venture River, Burdette Park). Let's do something!

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

You have such an amazing gift, being able to hang out with middle schoolers!

Today in our university building there were like 50 middle schoolers visiting on a field trip. In the 7 seconds it took me to walk by them in the hall I wanted to bop about 18 of them in the nose!

So I can in some sense feel your joy at it not only being the last day of school in Bloomfield, but at getting a break from being with middle schoolers for an extended period of time!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
We are excited for you!