I had a dentist appointment today. It was just a routine cleaning, but I always look forward to these bi-yearly trips. I love the way my teeth feel all slickery after the cleaning. Not to mention the fact that I just like to make sure my teeth are in good working order. (Which I suppose should be the main reason rather than the afterthought!) Today's appoint was just as nice as always, and then some.
I was so good, in part, because the dental hygenist kept telling me how cute and pretty my teeth are. It was cracking me up more than anything. To receive compliments on my teeth is just about the best thing I, Hennyfair, could ask for. Especially coming from someone who sees dozens of teeth a week. Abosultely wonderful!
Yet, unbelievably, even more than the toothy compliments was the conversation that took place between us. You see, she is not from Bloomfield....and I could tell from the first few moments I met her. Likewise, she could tell I wasn't from here, either. Yes folks, for those of us from the outside, it's usually pretty easy to spot'em. But I digress....The reason it was a really great cleaning is because she and I got to talking about my next appointment, which led to Texas talk. (My favorite topic of all these days!) As we discussed I got a lot of confirmation about the things God has been teaching me lately. Many things about being confident, independent, and self-assured. Now, for me much of that has to do with realizing my identity in Christ and the "self" He created me to be, so it was also a great witnessing opportunity. All in all, it just ended up sounding like a conversation written from the transcripts of my prayers and thoughts of the past few months.
As it were, I left the dentist's office feeling good inside and out. I truly can't wait for June. Why? I can't wait until June because I'm moving to Texas in June, silly! And now I can add that in June I get to go back to the dentist!
2 comments:
Smile! That was a terrific blog to read. I know you love clean, straight teeth. What a great little gift. I am actually not fond of denist appointments myself. But, I am extremely glad you like them. Texas, get ready! Girl with the beautiful teeth is taking over.
Ugh. I Hate going to the dentist.
I'm having trouble leaving comments on everyone's blog, too, BTW.
Post a Comment