Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Confession

I am writing this as a confession. A confession of my backsliding in the department of my exercising and healthy eating. I noticed last week that the new jeans I had bought at the start of school were starting to feel a bit more snug. That was a big "OH NO!" moment for me. It's amazing how much busyness can cause you to lose focus. Just being rushed and running through fast food joints and not exercising 4-5 times a week really takes its toll. Plus, out of convenience I eat school lunch a lot. Which is kinda funny because it doesn't even taste good! So, anyway, tonight I set my sights on the prize once again. I exercised and now my muscles are all twitchy. But I do feel good that I accomplished a 40 minute workout and am still low on calories for the day. So, this journey is once again beginning with a single step.

I know God desires us to be healthy and to honor the temple of the Holy Spirit. At the same time, I've got this sense that He really, really wants me to achieve this goal in conjunction with all that is on the horizon fo my future. So, I'm just really, really praying for His strength and focus. Today, as I was sitting and contemplating putting it off one more day since I have yet to go to the store it was like He just really impressed upon me that if I really do want this, and am not just saying I do, then I'll get up and do what I know I need to and stop doing what I know I shouldn't. He really got my attention! It was like, "Quit blowing smoke, Jenny! If you mean it do something about it!" So, I did. And pray that I will again and again and again.

It's just amazing how much more difficult it is when school is in. Oh well, with God all things are possible!

2 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Our modern way of life has made it so easy for us to get cheap and convenient food and move very little! When we're busy, it's hard not to rely on these "features!"

Hang in there and good luck! You inspire me :)

Tamara said...

Why did you have to go and confess. Now I have to admit I see some extra pudge. I just don't have the time to work out anymore.... or the motivation.