I decided it was time to share some of the details about a previous post. That is, what I feel the Lord is leading me regarding my future. I am mostly sharing because I have been so excited about it, but today, for some reason, doubts started creeping in. So here goes......
You all know I visited Texas this past summer. While there I spent a lot of time traveling around alone and had a lot of time to pray and talk to God. It was funny because I was so far from here, yet I felt much more at home than I've ever felt in Bloomfield. Although I didn't think a whole lot about it. In fact, I don't recall too many specifics about the trip, just this sense of belonging and confidence. I knew something had sorta shifted on that trip but, again, I didn't think a whole lot about what it was.
Shortly after I returned is when I felt God was speaking to me that some big changes were coming. I've had a sense of what it all is for some time now, but have waited to share it until I was even more sure. So, in case it hasn't become obvious at this point....I think I'm going to move to Texas. I am definitely going to finish out this school year, but will start applying in early spring. Not that I anticipate any trouble finding a position as they are in abundance in the southwestern states. As far as everything is concerned, I'm the most marketable I will probably be in my entire career. Several years of experience, but not too much. Almost have a master's, but not quite yet. Plus, this is also why I'm wanting to freshen up my Spanish. Just one more thing to help me get the best job possible.
I've also thought of many other reasons why this is a good move, but will refrain from sharing at this point. I just ask for your continued prayers as I seek God for more specifics on this. For all I know I'm on the wrong track completely, but don't feel as such. I don't know where I'll end up exactly, but I'm about 95% sure I won't be here and will probably be pretty far away. Today I just got all these thoughts of discouragement and doubt and a little fear. Writing about it all helps to alleviate such, however. Thanks for listening. :)
6 comments:
I will definitely being praying for you. Sounds big and exciting too! I can also understand the uneasiness you may be filling too, this is a big change and one of definite trust...especially when all the details have yet to be finalized. I am excited you a refreshing your Spanish, and I Am HOPING you find yourself in A PLACE where you can have some 'authentic conversations'
:-)(hint hint)
ok, so it's time to go to bed...forgive my typos above...feeling for filling. I suppose I need to be brushing up on my English...hahahahahaha
Well, this is encouraging news! (i mean, the fact that you felt led to move, not that you are having doubts)...
I really think you need to move, so why not Texas, after all????
Why Texas? Seriously, I am curious. Out of the 48 contiguous states, why that one? Have you visited any others recently?
Just curious!
Why Texas? Good question! I've been asking the same thing! I think the reason I went this summer was for God to open that possibility up to my human thinking. If that makes sense. Ever since I went to Arizona 4 years ago I have had it in me to go out that way. So, who knows? Perhaps only God Himself!
I have never been to Texas, but I hear it's fabulous.
I'm praying!
I just wanted to let you know that I am still here and am reading (and praying).
I just have nothing to say... just listening!
Love ya, Jenny!!!
:o)
Post a Comment